Human Resource Management & Training
SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management
Essentials HR Tools for Small Business Owners, Office Managers, and Administrative and Executive Assistants
Human Resource Trends and Training to Elevate Your Workforce
Human Resource Trends for HR Professionals
The Center for Corporate and Professional Education at Cape Cod Community College (CCCC) is presenting free HR seminars, across the region, to provide you with an update on emerging Human Resource Trends and to learn more about a workplace training grant program offered at no cost to eligible employers.
Karyn Rhodes, Director at Hilb Group, will present on the topic of Human Resources to provide you with information about the latest HR Trends for Employers, CEOs, CFOs, HR Professionals, and anyone who handles the HR function for your organization. We will discuss key issues, share perspectives, and get updates on best practices.
This year promises to be a busy year with changes in employment law, tighter talent markets, increased technology innovation, and a greater focus on learning and employment engagement.
Tammi Jacobsen, Director of Workforce Development and Training, and Michelle Constantino, Manager of Employer Relations, at CCCC will present on the topic of workplace training to provide you with information about a Workforce Training Fund grant program offered at no cost, through the college, to eligible employers. Our Business and Professional Excellence Training Programs are being offered in three core topics: Communication, Team Dynamics, and Time and Productivity Management.
Seminar Dates and Locations
- Plymouth - Monday, March 27, 2017; 8:30-10:30AM (Register Online)
- Wareham - Monday, March 27, 2017; 2:30-4:30PM (Register Online)
- Orleans - Friday, March 31, 2017; 8:30-10:30AM (Register Online)
- Falmouth - Monday, April 3, 2017; 8:30-10:30AM (Register Online)
- Nantucket - Friday, April 7, 2017; 9:00-11:00AM (Register Online)
- Martha's Vineyard - Monday, April 10, 2017; 3:30-5:30PM (Register Online)
- Hyannis - Friday, May 5, 2017; 8:30-9:30AM (Register Online)
To learn more about CCCC’s grant funded program, visit: www.capecod.edu/softskills. Training has begun in Hyannis and will be offered multiple times throughout the region to accommodate employers.
Questions? Contact Mary Conklin, Program Coordinator, at 508-375-5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHRM Essentials of HR Management
Coming Fall 2017. Dates TBA soon.
Location: Hyannis Center, 540 Main Street, Hyannis
Education Credits: Eligible for Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials and recertification credit hours for HR Certification Institute credentials.
This course is geared toward Small Business Owners, Office Managers, HR Specialists and Administrative and Executive Assistants.
The SHRM Essentials of HR Management is an introductory course offering a comprehensive overview of human resource roles and responsibilities. It gives participants critical knowledge to help reduce potentially costly lawsuits and improves their ability to handle challenging HR issues. This course is ideal for those who are just starting out in the human resources profession, or those who are looking for an effective way to boost their employee management skills.
Why Essentials of HR Management?
There is no better way to gain a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, the FMLA, GINA, VEVRAA and PPACA
- Improve employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation and benefits information to staff at all levels
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, development and training
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals
The SHRM Essentials of HR Management provides participants with knowledge and skills that can be used immediately. The course addresses six key human resource management subjects in a user-friendly format designed to give an effective learning experience. Participant materials include:
Participant’s Reference Book covers six topics that are contained in one book for easy reference:
- Human Resource Management
- Employment Law
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee Development
- Performance Management
The Participant’s Activities Book includes:
- Classroom slides and presentations
- Application activities
For registration, questions, and more information, please contact Mary Conklin, Program Coordinator, at 508-375-5010.
Minimizing Human Error (WPG192-65)
Wed. 5/11-5/18/2017; 1-4pm, 2 sessions *Please note new dates
Instructor: Joseph Henderson
Location: Hyannis Center, 540 Main Street, Hyannis
Human Reliability training applies innovative concepts and breakthrough techniques that engage personnel and result in rapid internalization of the desired behaviors necessary to achieve a high level of sustainable, error free performance. This two-part series will introduce the basic concepts of Human Reliability and how it can be applied to employee performance and successful business processes.