In Advising & Counseling we have one goal: helping you achieve all of your goals. 4Cs Academic Advisors are here to provide the support you need to reach your academic, career, transfer and personal goals. This webpage is full of resources to assist you. Use the tips outlined below, and the links in the right column to guide you.
Your advisor will help you…
o Create academic goals
o Explore transfer & career opportunities
o Learn about 4Cs programs, courses, and policies
o Choose/change your program
o Understand your academic map
o Monitor your academic progress toward graduation
o Adjust to college
o Locate helpful campus resources and support
o Plan your class schedule
Your advising responsibilities are…
· Check your college email every day. Your advisor will contact you there.
· Know your advisor!
· Find your advisor’s name in CampusWeb.
· See your advisor every semester. Schedule an advising appointment in Starfish.
· Come prepared to each advising session: update your academic map, select your courses, bring your questions
· Be familiar with your program requirements. Check the College Catalog for details (in the right column)
Remember: All matriculated students are required to meet with their assigned advisor prior to registering for classes. Only those students who have made contact with their assigned advisor will be allowed to register.