Transfer to 4Cs
Bring your college credits here.
Transfer credit to 4Cs is determined on an individual basis using these guidelines:
- Course work from an accredited college/university or a college which is a candidate for accreditation will be eligible for transfer credit.
- MassTransfer provides guaranteed transfer of credits and other benefits for students transferring within the Massachusetts public higher education system.
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credits will be accepted in accordance with College policy.
- Credits relating to areas of non-traditional education will be accepted only if approved by the faculty of the appropriate academic department.
- Advanced Placement examinations results.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- Grades of C- (1.67 on a 4.0 scale) or better will be considered for transfer (except where indicated in certain course prerequisites).
- Transfer credits will be accepted in the number established for that course by the college at which those credits were earned. If the transferring institution uses a credit system different from that of the College, the Registrar of Cape Cod Community College will convert the credits.
In most cases, credits will be accepted without a time limit from any regionally accredited institution. In certain courses where a program or a department requires that current knowledge is essential, a time limit may be imposed on the applicability of earned credit toward satisfying a degree requirement; such a time limit must be approved by the Curriculum and Programs Committee, and must be indicated in the catalog of the College. If the designated time limit has been exceeded, credit will be granted in either of the following circumstances:
- The student successfully passes a CLEP test for the course or, in the absence of a CLEP test, passes a departmental Challenge Examination.
- The student submits a waiver request and receives approval from the appropriate department.
A minimum of 24 credits must be completed at Cape Cod Community College in order to earn a degree.