Chelsea L. Joslin Students in Recovery Financial Award
The family and friends of Chelsea Joslin and and the former START Club (Students Achieving Recovery Together) are pleased to support the educational goals of students in recovery.
Apply now for Fall 2020 awards! Applications are due by April 1, 2020. These are non-commencement, endowed scholarships. One to three scholarships are awarded per academic year, are not to exceed $3,000, and are equally split between the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Minimum of 6 credit hours/semester
- Minimum of 12 months continuous recovery from substance abuse
Required Application Materials
- Completed Chelsea L. Joslin Students in Recovery Financial Award Application Form
- 2 completed Recommendation Forms for Chelsea L. Joslin Students in Recovery Award attesting to the quality of your recovery and your potential for academic success (preferably one from a person who has been instrumental in guiding/supporting you on your recovery pathway)
- An interview with the award committee if requested
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 for courses completed while on scholarship
- Active participation in the Collegiate Recovery Club or some other form of recovery-related service to the College
- Dean, Enrollment Management & Advising Services or his/her designee
- A member of the Kelley family or a designee
- A person in long-term recovery from alcohol or drug addiction
Funds will be made available to recipients by a check made out to Cape Cod Community College. Recipients should arrange to pay for tuition, fees and books through the College's Business Office.
All materials, including completed application form and recommendation forms are due no later than April 15, 2020.
Recipients will be notified by letter no later than one week before the scholarship awards ceremony in May.
Contact Office of Enrollment Management and Advising Services, Cape Cod Community College or Chelsea L. Joslin Students in Recovery Financial Award Administrator at email@example.com.
Notice of Non-Disclosure
All Chelsea L. Joslin Students in Recovery Financial Award Applications and Recommendation Forms are kept confidential and used for the sole purpose of determining award recipients. Once the selection process is completed, the Office of Enrollment Management and Advising Services will dispose of all application materials.