Starfish = Student Progress
What are Progress Surveys?
Progress Surveys are automatic periodic requests for faculty to check in about courses. Once logged in, the surveys available for review are shown at the top of the home page. Here's what to do next:
- Click on the title of the course for which you'd like to
complete the survey.
- Even if there are no concerns about students in a course, it’s important to submit the survey to let others charged with helping those students know that all is going well.
- Under the Progress Survey tab it will show which course is being viewed and the students who are registered for it.
- Note that the default response "No Concerns" is automatically selected.
- After the "No Concerns" category, there is a column for each of the concerns that you can raise in the progress survey.
- Concerns you raise may be followed-up by an academic advisor or another appropriate staff member.
- Some items require a comment with more details about the concern, and those comments can be customized.
- When finished, click Submit to save the survey responses.
- This is one of few places in Starfish where it's not possible to go back and edit/change a submission. Therefore, there's a prompt to confirm the submission.