The Early Childhood Eudation Program at Cape Cod Community College embraces the NAEYC’s assumption that "All young children, birth through age eight, should have access to high-quality early childhood education services." Early Childhood Education is an inclusive and engaging process that is part of the complex system in the lives of young children and families. We believe the following:
- Children are active and enthusiastic learners. They thrive in an environment of trust, respect, joy and beauty. Children are the center of our work and our vision.
- Families are the primary decision-makers in their children's lives, engaged in reciprocal, collaborative partnerships with early childhood personnel.
- arly Childhood programs are inclusive, supportive environments for children, families and staff. Staff are well-trained and qualified in their positions. Professional development is thoughtful and on-going.
- Community college students are diverse learners. They benefit from a variety of instructional and assessment strategies that include both theory and practical experience, based on comprehensive, standards-based outcomes. They bring diverse potential and experience with them to the college classroom.
- Early Childhood Faculty are professional, ethical, qualified and committed to the mission of the college and the program. They have educational and experiential expertise. They are life-long learners.
- Community and government support and recognition are essential for a healthy, equitable system of early care and education. Families, teachers, college students, professors, citizens and elected officials must work together to create a better future for all children.