Computers for Student Use
Please note: no food, drinks, or cell phone use in computer labs.
|Open Computer Lab|
|Location||Lorusso Tech, room 116|
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am–4:30pm
|Wilkens Library Reference Lab|
|Location||Wilkens Library, first floor|
|Hours||See: Wilkens Library hours|
|Math Learning Center|
|Purpose||Center is staffed to help with Math assignments (PCs for student use).|
|Location||Science, room 112|
|Hours||See: Math Learning Center|
|Reading & Writing Resource Center|
|Purpose||Center is staffed to help with writing and reading assignments (PCs for student use).|
|Location||MM Wilkens Hall, room 108|
|Hours||See: Reading & Writing Resource Center|
- College E-mail — see your CCCC e-mail and access other Microsoft online services.
- Moodle — CCCC's learning management system (classes).
- My4Cs Login — see news, events, and links to other information sources.
- Rave Alerts — manage mobile alerts for weather closings and other emergencies.
Listing of all faculty/staff/administration: Campus Directory
You can use your mobile device to view your College e-mail!
Use the Outlook mobile app:
- Go to Outlook.com, and use the appropriate link to go to app store for your device, and then download Outlook.
- After the app has been downloaded, login using your full CCCC e-mail address and My4Cs password.
Use the native mail app on your device:
- Account Type: Select work or school e-mail accounts or Exchange ActiveSync. (On older devices, you may need to select IMAP or POP. This syncs your e-mail only, not your calendar.)
- Username: Use your full CCCC e-mail address
- Server: outlook.office365.com
Wi-Fi (secure wireless internet) is available in all buildings of the main campus, the Hyannis Center, and the Plymouth Airport Center.
Main Campus & the Plymouth Airport Center
- Students/Faculty/Staff: Use your My4Cs username & password to access the secure CCCC_WiFi network. Open a web browser and use the Agree button.
- Guests: Main campus guests may access the open Public_WiFi network (no password required). Plymouth guests, ask the receptionist how to access CCCC-Plymouth-Guest.
Hyannis Center: Ask the receptionist for the secure CCCCHYA password.
Campus printers are for academic use only. Students can print in any computer classroom, lab, or Library. All campus computers print to a network printer nearby. Every student is allotted 150 printed pages per semester for free. After the first 150 pages, students can go to the Business Office to purchase an additional 150 pages for $10.
Saving Your Files
Note: Do not save files to the hard drive of classroom and lab computers. Files saved to those computers are automatically deleted whenever the computers are restarted. Consider saving to one of the following storage locations instead:
- OneDrive: All College e-mail accounts have cloud storage space, accessible from any computer or device with an internet connection. Go to Office 365 (My4Cs login required), select the Apps button (top left), and then select OneDrive.
- USB Drives: All College computers have USB ports that can read and save to USB drives.
- Network Drives: The network drives listed below are only accessible from campus computers:
|Campus Network Storage Drives||Who can save files||Who can view & save copies of files||Who can modify files|
|Y Drive – your personal drive*||Only you*||Only you*||Only you*|
|X Drive – Common Drive**||Anyone||Anyone||The original owner|
|W Drive – Faculty Drive||Faculty & Staff||Anyone||The original owner|
*Network administrators have access to files on all drives
** The Common Drive is for temporary, public storage only. Files are deleted from the Common Drive periodically.
Free Microsoft Office 2016 programs and mobile apps! You can download and install the latest version of Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) on up to five PC or Mac computers, and install Office mobile apps on any of your mobile devices. Go to Office 365 (My4Cs login required), select the Apps button (top left), and select the Office 365 link.
Microsoft Office Online: You can use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. right from a web browser without installing anything. Go to Office 365 (My4Cs login required), select the Apps button (top left), and then select a program.
|Location||Lorusso Open Computer Lab, room 116|
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am–4:30pm