Financial Aid at 4Cs
Apply for Financial Aid!
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is for all federal, state, and college grants, work study, and loans.
- Apply online at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you haven't applied for FAFSA before, create a FSA ID for yourself and have your parent do likewise.
- Select the correct year. If you are applying for a summer session, check with the Financial Aid Office to verify which application you should complete.
- Apply online before May 1 for the early deadline. We accept applications after this date, but in some cases you may need to pay your tuition up front and wait for your financial aid to reimburse you. It may take two to four weeks to process your application.
- Read the online instruction carefully. The questions often have an explanation in the right margin. Even though the question may seem obvious, the instructions will help ensure you answer correctly.
- List the school code. Cape Cod Community College's Title IV school code is 002168.
Note: If you are unable to process your FAFSA online, you may download a paper version. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance.
After Applying – What Happens Next?
- You will receive an email from the FAFSA processing center. Make sure Cape Cod Community College is listed as one of the schools receiving the information. If it is, the Financial Aid Office will receive your application.
- If you need to correct your FAFSA, or if you need to add Cape Cod Community College (002168) to the school list, you may do it online at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.
- The Financial Aid Office may request additional information from you. Please respond promptly in order to complete your file.
- Once your file is complete, the Financial Aid Office will provide you with an award letter. This letter will inform you of how much and what type of assistance you will receive.
- If you have any questions regarding financial aid, please call or stop by the Financial Aid Office. You may also schedule an appointment to meet with a financial aid counselor.