Veterans Education Benefits

For information on how to apply and how to transfer schools, or change programs:

Vets and Reservists: use Form 22-1990
Ch. 35 Dependents: use Form 22-5490
Transfer students: use Form 22-1995 or 22-5495

Submit online confirmation page or Certificate of Approval to the Financial Aid Office. (Chapter 35: provide the VA file# to Financial Aid). When you are registered, the Financial Aid Office will certify your enrollment with the VA. Application processing at the VA can take 10–12 weeks.

For benefit amounts:

For eligibility questions, call 888.442.4551, or use the e-mail option on the VA website.

See also: Information about GI BenefitsPDF document,, Wave Information GuidePDF document

Payment Process

  • Ch. 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill will send your tuition and fees payment to the college. The book and monthly housing allowance, if applicable, are paid directly to you.
  • Ch. 30, 1606, 1607, and 35 VA Education Benefits do not defer payment of College's tuition or fees. Payment occurs at the end of each month.
  • Ch. 30, 1606, and 1607 recipients must verify your enrollment at the end of every month – no earlier than the last day of the month. To do this go to or call 877.823.2378.

Questions about payments? 888.442.4551

Your first payment can be delayed 10–12 weeks, but will be retro-active to the start of school. For fastest receipt of payments, apply early and pre-register for classes before August (Fall semester) and December (Spring semester).

Veteran/Active Duty

  • Tuition waived, which is approximately 15% of the class price.
  • Must submit documentation and Tuition Waiver form once a year.
  • Contact the Financial Aid Office each semester and when any schedule changes are made.

MA National Guard

  • Pays 100% of Tuition and Fees.
  • Need Certificate Form from Unit: Apply Online
  • Contact the Financial Aid Office each Semester.

Tuition Assistance for Active Duty

  • Military Unit Education Officer submits purchase order to the Business Office for 3rd Party Billing.

See also: Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Program


Office of Financial Aid
Location Nickerson Administration Building, Ground Floor
Hours Monday–Friday: 8:30am–4:30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am–7:00pm
Phone 774.330.4393
Fax 508.375.4026