Dual Enrollment Program
Cape Cod Community College works closely with our local high schools across the Cape, Islands, and southeastern Massachusetts to develop "dual enrollment" opportunities. These partnerships allow high school students to enroll in college classes at 4Cs while still enrolled at their local high school.
That allows you to get a fast track on your degree or certificate before even walking the stage to earn your high school diploma.
Dual Enrollment Eligibility
In order to be eligible to participate in the Dual Enrollment program, you must meet these requirements:
- Be a Massachusetts resident.
- Be enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 in a Massachusetts public secondary school or non-public school, including home school. Students under the age of 16 need CCCC permission from an Academic Dean and must complete an Under-Age Student Appeal for Enrollment form, which is available in the Admissions Office.
- Meet all course prerequisites per the policies of the participating campus.
- Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or demonstrate their potential for academic success through submission of evidence of steadily improving high school grades, high class rank, special talent, strong grades in the field of the CDEP course, strong recommendations, etc.
- May not have earned a high school diploma or GED/HiSET.
Students who meet eligibility guidelines are not guaranteed participation. Participation is at the discretion of the participating institution of higher education and subject to capacity constraints.
If you are interested in Dual Enrollment, please speak with your high school guidance counselor for application procedures and referral. A completed application and high school transcript must be forwarded to the Admissions Office.
Dual Enrollment Applications
All students, new and returning, must complete an application. Please complete the appropriate application and bring it to your high school guidance counselor for the Guidance page to be completed and submitted.
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions
Information Sessions are required for all new Dual Enrollment students. Once your application has been sent to CCCC, please register for an Information Session using the link below.
See: Dual Enrollment Information Sessions
CVTE Linkage/Tech Prep Articulation Agreement
Cape Cod Community College has entered into a number of articulation agreements with regional vocational-technical schools and area comprehensive high schools to grant college credit and advanced placement for students who have completed the Tech Prep 2+2 program.
For more information on the CVTE Linkage/Tech Prep:
Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Partnership
The Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Partnership (CDEP) provides opportunities for Massachusetts high school students to take college-level courses at a discounted price and earn credit toward high school completion and their future college degrees.
Learn more: Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Partnership