Community Engagement Opportunities
Make a difference. Combine service to the community with your academic experience.
At 4Cs we bring classroom knowledge to life by connecting course content with service projects in the community. Solving real world problems and promoting strong partnerships within the community is only part of the experience. Through Community Engagement, you'll interact with diverse groups, gain knowledge and practical experience, and be exposed to a variety of career choices.
Benefits of Community Engagement
- Innovative opportunities to learn
- Positive exposure to the community
- First hand knowledge of community resources
- Build a network for future jobs
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Help build your resume
- Contribute to the success of others
- Build career skills
- Check out volunteer-opportunities.pdf
- Ask your instructor if Service Learning options are part of the course curriculum
- Consider the free 3-credit Education Tutorial Practicums
Education Tutorial Practicums
Gain real K–6 classroom tutoring experience while earning free credits at Cape Cod Community College.
These 3 credit courses, one focusing on Reading tutoring and the other on Math and Science, will teach students what is required to work in a local school as a tutor. If you are interested in education or love working with children, this is a wonderful opportunity and a great way to build your resume.
Eligible Work Study students also earn $12/hour. Students are required to complete 40 hours of in-class tutoring by May. Various tutoring hours are available to fit your schedule.
Only 20 students will be accepted to each course. E-mail early to reserve your spot!
- Professors embed Service Learning/Civic Engagement into your coursework – curriculum.
- A 1-credit Service Learning Option can be tacked on to your course to make it 4 credits.
The hours of service in our community can match to your course load and schedule. If you know of an opportunity to serve in our community that is not listed, it is still a possible option for service.
Contact Community Engagement
|Office of Service Learning and Civic Engagement|
||North Building room 238
||Civic Engagement Coordinator