Student Commencement Speaker
Give the Speech of your Life
Cape Cod Community College's 2017 Commencement: Thursday, May 25, 4:00pm
In order to be considered as the student representative for the class of 2017, you must be graduating in May or August.
Submission process guidelines and process:
- On or before midnight, Friday, April 21, submit a 500 word essay that briefly illustrates your 4C's story, what the theme of your speech would be, and why you would like to be chosen. Submit your essay to: email@example.com
- Finalists will be notified on April 28 and invited to meet with the selection committee during the last week of classes.
- Finalists should be prepared to give a 2–3 minute extemporaneous (planned, but not read) version of their commencement speech at that time.
- The commencement speaker will be chosen and notified no later than Monday, May 8.
- The speaker will then be responsible for creating a 5–7 minute manuscript by Monday, May 15.
- A faculty coach will then be assigned to help the student practice their presentation.