Corporate and Professional Resources
The Center for Corporate and Professional Education at Cape Cod Community College specializes in assessing, designing, and delivering affordable customized training to our community’s businesses and organizations. We concentrate in computer technology, customer service, healthcare, hospitality, human resource administration, leadership, management, marketing and sales, office and administrative support, project management, real estate, strategic planning, succession planning and business process improvement.
We will evaluate your training needs and, using our own faculty or special consultants, design a course or workshop specifically for you and your staff.
- Consultation – Our customized training service begins with a consultation. We will meet with you to discuss your training needs, develop a profile of the training audience, and define the desired results.
- Assessment – Training Needs Assessments are critical in helping your organization define the gap between your current and desired individual and organizational performance. We can conduct an assessment that will collect information and document data regarding performance problems, the anticipated introduction of a new system, task or technology and/or to address a new opportunity which may increase profits and effectiveness. An assessment will help you identify key areas of need and will help determine the type of training that is relevant for your employees to do their jobs and the skills they will need to reach your long-term goals. These findings can be used to develop your training plans or tie into your employee development process.
- Planning & Design – Following the Assessment phase, We will partner with the course instructor to determine the course structure, media, and methods. The course syllabus and materials will be designed to meet the stated learning objectives.
- Implementation – Once you have reviewed and approved the course material, training begins. Training may be customized as a single session or as a series of sessions over a longer period of time.
- Evaluation – We evaluate the performance of all of our training programs. Course participants are asked to submit a comprehensive course evaluation, which we review and share with the course instructor. Performance data is evaluated against benchmarks and as needed, the program is continually revised and refined.
“The workforce development side of the college is actively identifying avenues for providing services and resources to companies that want to offer training and professional development to their employees. We do not simply offer courses, we partner with a company to evaluate needs, provide the training and even help identify potential funding that can bring valuable training programs within reach for more companies,” according to Dr. John Cox, President of Cape Cod Community College.
As part of the college’s role as a community partner, The Center for Corporate and Professional Education is committed to strengthening the business community and fostering a strong regional workforce by providing accessible, affordable employee training programs led by experienced, business-minded instructors.
For information on corporate and small business customized training options, contact Tammi Jacobsen, Director of Workforce Development and Training at email@example.com or 508-375-5011.
Workforce Training Fund Program Assistance
The workforce fund provides businesses with employee training grants of up to $250,000 to invest in workforce development, improve employee skills, and maintain the economic strength and viability of the Commonwealth's businesses. The Center for Corporate and Professional Education is available to assist you with writing an effective proposal that will help you secure funding to train new and existing employees.