WITS Personal Trainer Certification
Tues & Thurs, 9/23/2014 to 11/25/2014 (no class 11/11) 6:30pm to 8:30pm (WHF002-68)
Saturdays 10/4/2014 to 12/6/2014 (no class 11/29) 9:00am - 2:00pm (WHF002-67)
Registration Fee: $699
The 62-hour personal trainer certification program includes 16 hours of lecture, 16 hours of practical training, and a 30-hour internship. Topics include: biomechanics and exercise physiology, which for some students may require a significant amount of out of class self-study. Participants will also learn about fitness testing, equipment usage, and health assessments. High school diploma or GED is required. No other pre-requisites required. Students must obtain Adult CPR & AED certification in order to receive certification.
The national exam is held on the 9th week of the course. Upon completion, you will become a WITS Certified Personal Trainer!
Textbook cost including tax & shipping is $93.97. Students must order textbook through WITS at 888-330-9487 and must complete the reading prior to the first class meeting. Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2012. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 6th Edition.
Click here to access the course syllabus.
Home Health Aide Certificate (WHN038-66)
Guaranteed job interview with Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod after successful completion of certificate program.
10/18/2014 - 12/06/2014 Sat., 8am-3pm & Mon., 5:00-8:30pm
Registration Fee: $379 (includes textbook)
Home Health Aide Training prepares you to work as a personal care provider. If you are looking for a rewarding and growing career field with many opportunities, this is the one! In 7 weeks, you will complete the Home Health Aide Competency Exam and be ready to begin your new career. If you are preparing to care for a loved one, you will find critical information and skills that will enable you to provide quality care at home.
In addition to the hands-on skills such as bathing and self-care, our program focuses on providing concerned individualized care that adheres to the five principles of care: Safety, Privacy, Dignity, Communication and Independence. Students will benefit from a small class size with caring, well-trained teachers and receive hands-on experience in our Nursing and Allied Health labs.
Students will need to purchase a white lab coat.
Home Health Aide Information Sessions:
Wed., Aug. 27, 2014, 4pm-5pm, South Building 114, Main Campus, West Barnstable, MA
Tues., Sept., 16, 2014, 4pm-5pm, South Building 115, Main Campus, West Barnstable, MA
Wed., Oct. 15, 2014, 4pm-5pm, North Building 118, Main Campus, West Barnstable, MA
Attendance to the information session is required for acceptance into the program.
Space is limited.
Nonprofit Management Certificate (WPG069-64)
Thursdays, 9/11/2014 to 11/20/2014 from 2:00pm - 5:00pm (no class 11/6)
Registration Fee: $395
This certificate program introduces learners to key current management issues for nonprofit organizations. Fund-raising, board and volunteer development, budgeting, leadership, marketing, and setting strategic direction are all addressed.
Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
When we think of marketing, we typically think of the activities that a for-profit company engages in. However, marketing is an important function for nonprofit organizations as well. Marketing is the way that nonprofits determine the needs of their clients and their donors. Learn how nonprofits use marketing to publicize their mission and to gather contribution of time and money.
Budgeting in Nonprofit Organization ONLINE
This course covers budgets and how they are used in nonprofit organizational settings. You will gain an understanding of the uses and functions of budgets and the relationship between strategic budgeting and tactical budgeting. You will also learn about the organization-wide budget and different budget systems. This course is offered online through MindEdge.
Fund-raising Nonprofit Organizations
Fund-raising is one of the central activities of a nonprofit organization. To help finance operating budgets, nonprofits must raise money every year. In addition, special projects and improvements to facilities may be needed. In these situations, fund-raisers will often launch large capital campaigns or apply for foundation grants.
This course covers the key terminology and practices surrounding running a successful capital campaign within a nonprofit organization. You will learn about the phases of conducting a capital campaign—evaluation, feasibility study, organization, solicitation, and post-campaign activities—as well as how to avoid common pitfalls in capital campaigns.
Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations
This course addresses the key issues surrounding leadership. What is leadership? Why is it important? What does it require to be a leader? How does leadership in a nonprofit environment differ from the private sector? What is visionary leadership? What role should ethics play?
Social Media for Nonprofits
This course introduces learners to the use of social media in communication, marketing, public relations, and fund-raising for nonprofits. It explores the major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram) as vehicles for nonprofits to reach their members, volunteers, and donors.
Wedding Planner Certificate
Coming Spring 2015
Can you imagine having a job that is exciting, high paying, and allows you to plan the happiest day of people's lives for them? The demand for wedding and event planners on Cape Cod is soaring. In this class, you will gain the information and knowledge needed for success. During this certificate program, you will learn about all of the responsibilities and duties of a wedding & event planner. All course materials are included.
Social Media Certificate
Wednesdays, 9/10/2014 - 10/22/2014 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm (WIT088-66) - HYANNIS (this class will be held at the Hyannis Campus located at 540 Main Street, Hyannis, MA)
Tuesdays, 10/28/2014 - 12/16/2014 (no class 11/26) 5:30pm-7:30pm (WIT088-74)- PLYMOUTH (this class will be held at the Plymouth North High School, 41 Obery Street, Plymouth)
Registration Fee: $199
This program will provide a comprehensive introduction for how to effectively utilize social media to market your organization and build loyalty. The series will cover the following topics:
- Social Media Strategies & Trends - There are many social networks available to promote your business. Whether you are B2B or B2C, there are certain networks which you should be engaging in and others that may not reach the audience you are looking for. We will explore the top four social networks: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and add Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Foursquare. And then look at emerging networks, such as Alignable, that are giving businesses alternatives for reaching their target audience.
- Top 10 Business Strategies for Social Media- Discover the 10 strategies that you can implement to help with social engagement and optimization for your business.
- Diving into Business Blogging - Do you have a blog? Do you need a blog? Are you looking for strategies to get your information out to different channels? In this course, we will be searching effective ways to get consistent and referral traffic for your posts. This course will also help you with blog distribution and tips for online engagement.
- 12 Tips to Grow Your Fan Base on Facebook - Are you having trouble growing your Facebook page? Have you defined your target audience on Facebook? Now is a good time to examine your Facebook activities, cutting out what isn’t working and expanding what works. We will offer 12 tips for growing your fan base on Facebook. We will also discuss brand messaging, post frequency, post content, engagement and advertising options available.
- LinkedIn for the Business Professional - LinkedIn is the number ONE Social Media network for businesses and professionals. There are more than 120 Million professionals worldwide who are on LinkedIn, 36% are key decision makers. This course will cover: profile building and guidelines; best practices for maximum results; company pages, groups and applications; targeting and approaching prospects and building your network. It is preferred that attendees without a LinkedIn account, sign up for one in advance of this course.
- 10 Tips for using Twitter like a Pro! – Twitter is an incredibly easy tool to use and with a little forward planning can be a great way to spend some of your marketing time. Using 140 characters you can market yourself, build relationships with the Twitterati and drive traffic to your site. What’s not to love? This course will help you understand how you can use Twitter as an effective marketing tool for your business.
- Google+ and Pinterest – Google+ is not just another social network. It is redefining how we search for products and services. In this course, we will talk about the free Google tools available to help your business succeed. We will also touch upon Pinterest and learn how this network can have a significant impact on your online success.
- 10 Basic Tips for SEO - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a shifting landscape and as search engines have evolved over the past few years, greater emphasis has been placed on the actual content, versus the quantity of text. There is no silver bullet solution for SEO success and a lot of complex information out there to make sense of – but we will focus on 10 very simple tips that could certainly help improve your SEO efforts.
- Social Media Time Management Tips – Having a strong social media presence requires consistency and very few small business owners have time to be on a multitude of social networks all day. Have you ever wondered how people who run a business find time to be constantly posting to their social networks? These social media time management tips will show you how to manage your social media efforts and reduce your time expense while increasing the quality of your content and follower count. By the end of the course you will be able to put together a social media management plan designed for your schedule, objectives and lifestyle.
Successful Small Business Management
Tuesdays, 9/16/2014 - 10/21/2014 from 7pm to 9pm (WGB075-66)
Registration Fee: $130
Planning to start a new business or want to grow an existing one? This course is a practical guide for business survival, covering:
- Advertising & marketing
- Sales management
- Business plans
- Bank loans