Gladys Taber Papers 1899–1980
This small collection consists of occasional letters and pieces written by a Cape Cod author known for her early domestic naturalism and appreciations of Cape Cod. 1 box.
- Gladys Taber Letters; From: Gladys Taber, Christmas Card, Postmarked Dec. 11, 1961 to Ruth Reiter. Re: new bird feeders, first snow, new book delayed, perfect Holidays.
- Letter from Gladys Taber to Ruth Reiter, Freeport, Ill. 3/16/1966 re: Keats House and publication of book Stillmeadow Calendar and short story "One Dozen and One."
- Letter from Gladys Taber, Stillmeadow, Southbury,Conn. 1/13/1970 to Harry (not identified) re: arthritis attack, early snow, teenage boys cope with shoveling, shopping, travel to the Cape.
- Postcard from Gladys Taber, 7/3/1971, Orleans, Mass. to Mrs. Otto (Helen) Kruth, Long Island, NY re: teacher Helen Hull, Outermost House classic.
- Postcard from Gladys Taber, Stillmeadow, Southbury, Conn. 7/16/1971. To: Dear Helen (Helen Kruth) re: portrait sent, working on next book.
- Letter from Gladys Taber, 6/25/1971 To: Helen Kruth re: sending book plate, Death of Faith Baldwin rumor, sympathy for her loss, thank you for your paintings and students.
- Card from Gladys Taber, 9/20/1971 re: loved her letter, yard full of quail, Company from Wisconsin, no rain.
- Letter from Gladys Taber to Marion (Vuilleumier) 8/15/1977 re: television show (Books and the World), autumn availability.
Letter from Gladys Taber, Still Cove, Orleans, Mass. 1/29/1972 to: Herbert Wisbey. Re: charming letter, feelings on Cape Cod, "Not ruined except around Hyannis–but a new supermarket is going in at Orleans, alas!"
News clippings on Gladys Taber Publications, gathered by Marion Vuilleumier for Books and the World, 9/1978, obituary 3/12/1980. Also introduction and notes for Gladys Taber Interview conducted by Marion Vuilleumier for Books and the World.
Ladies Home Journal January 1957 with Gladys Taber column: Diary of Domesticity
Friends of Gladys Taber Newsletter 2004–2006