How to Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Before applying for FAFSA, create a FSA ID for youself and have your parent do likewise.
- This application is for all federal, state, and college grants, work study, and loans. Apply on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to click on the correct year.
- If you are unable to process your FAFSA online, you may downloan a paper version or you may please call the FAFSA Processing Center at (800) 433-3243 and ask that a paper FAFSA be mailed to you. Una solicitud de FASFA en español está disponible en este lugar de Internet.
- Apply online before May 1, 2015 for the early deadline. We accept applications after this date, but you may need to pay your tuition up front and wait for your financial aid to reimburse you. It may take up to six weeks to process your application. If you will be starting school in January 2016, complete the form by November 1, 2015.
- Read the online instruction carefully. The numbered questions often have an explanation in the right margin. Even though the question may seem obvious, the instructions will help ensure you answer correctly. It is recommended that you print out the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet and complete it before you attempt to apply on-line. For additional information download our FAFSA Tip Sheet.
- Do not leave any blanks. If the answer is zero, enter in a "0" rather than skipping the question. Blanks delay the processing of your application.
- List the school code. Cape Cod Community College's Title IV school code is 002168.