"Approximately 60 percent of 2012 college graduates who took part in paid internships received at least one job offer, according to the results of NACE’s 2012 Student Survey"
2. Complete the Host Site Application
4. Interview students to select the right candidate
5. Complete all forms required by the College and course faculty member throughout the internship experience.
We currently have a small internship program, with about 60 - 70 students participating each year. We are actively seeking to increase the number of students participating in internships and have implemented many new initiatives, including new course development, target marketing, workshops, classroom promotions, club and student organization presentations, student newspaper media coverage and advertisements to increase student internship participation. Additionally, our faculty are very interested in working with you to promote internship opportunities to students in their classes and programs. We hope this will aid your organization in receiving eligible applicants for internship opportunities. If you are interested in recruiting on-campus for internships, please contact the Student Employment Office at email@example.com or 508-362-2131 x4336, to find out about availability.
1. Contact Career Services and Experiential Learning for general internship information, to identify host site options and prepare application materials, including a resume and cover letter
2. Contact the course faculty contact/coordinator to discuss course pre-requisites, eligibility, and course requirements - please note: internships/co-ops are credit courses and, as such, always have tuition and fees attached
3. Secure a site placement (use 4CJobLink, the Host Site List or make an appointment with Career Services and Experiential Learning for assistance) and set up a schedule with your site supervisor
4. Complete all forms for course registration (internships/co-ops are credit courses and, as such, always have tuition and fees attached) and the internship program
Required Forms (the course instructor may require additional forms):
6. Complete the requirements for the internship and meet regularly with your internship supervisor and faculty member.
Internship Site Locating Resources:
News Articles on Unpaid Internships:
Internship Benefits to Students:
Internship Benefits to Host Sites/Employer: