Cape Cod Community College does not accept, promote or post:
- opportunities for in-home or home-based services, i.e. babysitting, elder care, lawn care, home improvements, etc. (opportunities must be located in commercially zoned spaces with commercial lighting and facilities)
- entrepreneurship opportunities as jobs
- opportunities that involve on-campus solicitation, sales, or posting of materials, products, or services
- opportunities which require the student/candidate to pay a participation or training fee
- opportunities that require the student/candidate to purchase or rent any type of sales kit or presentation supplies
- positions that involve "pyramid" or multi-level marketing structures, requiring or encouraging the recruitment of others to sell products or services are not permitted.
Jobs postings must meet the following criteria:
- Job postings must meet EEO guidelines. The equal employer checkbox must be checked on the CSO registration form. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity visit www.eeoc.gov.
- Employment opportunities must be legitimate, open positions – "business opportunity, " entrepreneurial announcements or commission only positions will not be posted.
Employers agree to follow the guidelines when posting positions or participating in recruiting activities at Cape Cod Community College.
Cape Cod Community College reserves the right to refuse, for any reason, any employer the opportunity to post employment or internship opportunities on this web site.
The responsibility for a background screening of prospective employees and employers rests with the respective companies and students, as does the decision to extend or accept employment offers. Both the Student Employment Office and Career Services shall not accept responsibility or liability for the future actions of either the employer or the employee. The offices therefore, encourage all parties involved to utilize discretion and sound judgment prior to entering into an employment agreement.
Cape Cod Community College (CCCC) abides by the following guidelines established by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). These guidelines apply to both part-time and full-time employment opportunities for CCCC students and alumni.
Requirements to post a position or participate in activities hosted by Career Services & Experiential Learning or the Student Employment Office include:
- The rate of pay is at least minimum wage ($9.00 in Massachusetts). We do not post commission only or other entrepreneurial ventures as jobs. Compensation for internships must comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- The employer provides the necessary information needed to post a job vacancy (organization name, products or services provided, compensation information, job description, organization literature, etc.). Full disclosure to Career Services, Student Employment Office, and students is required. Positions not clearly stating job responsibilities and duties will not be posted.
- Third party recruiters must be representing specific employers who have contracted with them, and will disclose to Career Services/Student Employment Office the names of the represented employers.
- The employment opportunities may or may not require a college degree. CCCC offers Associate degrees and certificate programs. CCCC also hosts colleges and universities on campus offering both bachelors and masters degrees.
- The employers provide information to CCCC staff on students hired through Career Services/Student Employment Office, including names, rate of pay, hours worked per week, and beginning dates as requested.
- The position complies with Federal and State Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Regulations.
- The employer abides by the "Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals" as published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers on NACEweb. Third party recruiters agree to abide by NACE's Principles for Third Party Recruiters.