Preparing for the CLEP® Exams
There are several ways to prepare for a CLEP® exam:
- Your personalized My Account registration portal can be used as a resource to access free sample questions, and to purchase individual examination guides and/or the CLEP® Official Study Guide, which contains sample questions for all 33 exams. Visit My Account at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount.
- Review the exam descriptions and answer sample questions in the CLEP® Official Study Guide or in the individual examination guides. Use the answer key to determine your number of correct responses.
- Check with your college bookstore to find out which books and materials are used for the equivalent course in the exam subject. You may find the course syllabus on your college's website as well.
- Visit http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam for:
- A list of suggested textbooks to study for each exam.
- Links to free online course materials and lectures for each exam.
- If you are a DANTES- funded military candidate, you can obtain free study materials through your base education center.
You may not repeat an examination of the same title within six months of the initial testing date. If you retake the examination within the six-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled, and any test fees will be forfeited.