CLEP® at Cape Cod Community College
- Credit is granted to those students who are matriculated at the college (have applied and been accepted).
- College Composition Exam is required to earn 3 credits equivalent to CCCC ENL101 English Composition I course.
- Analysis & Interpretation of Literature is required to earn 3 credits equivalent to ENL102 English Composition II.
- Credit will be given to students who earn at or above the required score of 50 on the examinations. This is the score recommended by the American Council on Education. (Please note exceptions for French Language, German Language and Spanish Language exams.)
- Students may earn up to a maximum of 35 (thirty-five) credit hours.
- Only actual credits awarded will be recorded on the student's permanent record, no grade will be recorded.
- Credits awarded will not be computed in any grade point average.
- Students successfully completing the College Level Mathematics exam will satisfy the mathematics core requirement.
- Students successfully completing the Biology and Chemistry exams may register for a one credit laboratory course to earn a total of 4 credits at CCCC.
- Up to two exams may be taken on each test administration date.
- Student may retake an exam after six months.
For more information about specific exams and their CCCC course equivalencies, see the CLEP® Exams page.