Earning College Credit During High School

Earning college credit during high school is a cost effective and a smart way to begin your quest for a college degree. Following are some options that may be available to you. You could save yourself some time and money. If you are up for the challenge, these are the links to help you out.

Advanced Placement Courses

Students who score three (3) or better on the College Board Advanced Placement examinations may be granted College credit. An official score report must be sent to the Office of the Registrar. The Admissions Office is your first contact concerning AP credit. Students should check with Admissions officials from individual colleges regarding accepting of credit for AP scores.

International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB)

International Baccalaureate Diploma will be recognized for up to 30 semester hours of credit. Higher level examination results with a score of four (4) or higher will granted (transfer) credit. The Admissions Office is your first contact concerning IB credit.

CLEP College Level Examination Program

The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP®) offers you the opportunity to receive college credits for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the 33 exams. CLEP credits will be accepted in accordance with College policy. For information about the CLEP see: www.capecod.edu/web/assessment/clep

Challenge Exams

Challenge Exams may be available for selected courses. For information concerning Challenge exams, click on Cape Cod Community College's Academic Policies webpage. Contact your academic advisor to challenge a course.

Articulated Courses K-12

Articulated Courses K-12 are high school courses or programs of study which have been reviewed, whether locally at the college and/or through statewide agreements, and meet the outcomes and demonstrate the rigor of a college course. The program of study is delivered at the high school with high school faculty. The student, upon graduation from the high school and entering Cape Cod Community College, is awarded the credit provided the student has an 80 or B in the course or courses that match the articulated course and a 2.0 overall on a 4.00 scale. Courses are then entered on the College transcript. Contact point for articulated course is your high guidance counselor.

Dual Enrollment Program

Dual Enrollment Program is for high school students taking college courses at the college, his or her high school or online who will be receiving high school credit and college credit. A dual enrollment student may be enrolled in courses that do not count towards college graduation, for example developmental courses, but may count for graduation from high school. First contact is with the Dual Enrollment Administrator in the Admissions Office.

Bridge to College Program

Funded by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, the Bridge to College Program partnership with Barnstable High School and Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School will afford qualified students who are interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) with an opportunity to take college courses in their respective high schools leading to the completion of six to nine credits free of charge in the area of renewable energy.  Students receive both high school and college credit. The program includes hands on laboratories, brief internships, mentoring with college faculty and area business partners. Field trips to renewable energy sites occur throughout the year long program. Contact point for the Bridge to College Program is the Bridge to College Coordinator in the Admissions Office.

Early College Experience Program

Please visit the Bourne High School website for information on the Early College Experience Program.