The Commonwealth Honors Program
Cape Cod Community College
Cape Cod Community College Honors Program Reception, April 20, 2016
Be part of the ultimate learning experience at Cape Cod Community College.
The following links provide important information regarding the Honors Program. For more information, please contact Delores Bird, Honors Program Coordinator, at 508.362.2131 x4658 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Honors Forms and Documents
- Benefits & Requirements of Graduating as a Commonwealth Honors Scholar
- Honors Program Qualifications
- Guidelines for Honors Contracts in Regular Courses
- 4-Steps for Submitting an Honors Contract in a Regular Course
- Responsibilities for Instructors and Students Submitting Honors Contracts in Regular Courses
- Contract Form
- Standards for Submission of Honors Work
- Students Conducting Research for Courses and College Organizations
Find Out More About the Honors Program
The Honors Program provides students and faculty with opportunities to enrich their learning experiences at Cape Cod Community College. We offer courses, advisement, scholarships, and support dedicated to the academic success of Honors students. Highly motivated students can pursue independent research, collaborate with faculty and fellow Honors students, develop critical thinking skills, and prepare for advancement to Commonwealth Honors Programs.
- The following Honors courses are planned for the Spring 2017 semester.
- Prerequisites apply. Please refer to the College catalog for the course descriptions and prerequisites.
COM103 Mon., Wed., & Fri., 11:00–11:50am
- English Composition I
ENL101 Mon., Wed., & Fri., 10:00–10:50am
- English Composition II
ENL102 Mon., Wed., & Fri., 10:00–10:50am
- Introduction to Environmental Science
ENV118 Lecture Tues. & Thurs., 12:30-1:45pm
ENV118 Lab Tues. 2:00-3:00pm
- Honors Colloquium: Whose Story Is It? Culture, Identity, and Narrative
HON200 Tues & Thurs, 9:30–10:45am
This colloquium focuses on exploring identity through narrative. Narrative Psychology suggests that narrating is a fundamental way we make meaning of our experiences and create our sense of self - our story. We will explore literature and media to examine the intersections of culture and story and understand narrative as a process of identity development. Student activities will include developing a collaborative presentation that reflects the themes of the colloquium through readings, performance, and media to share with the college community.
- Eleventh CCCC Honors Program Reception – Monday, April 24, 2017, 12:00–2:00pm
- 24th Annual Massachusetts Statewide Undergraduate Research Conference – UMass Amherst, Friday, April 28, 2017
Spring Semester 2017
Proposals for Honors Program Contracts in a Regular Course – due by noon
Abstract of your project for the program for the spring Honors Program Reception at CCCC (Presentation at the local Honors Reception is mandatory for both fall and spring Honors students in order to receive Honors credit.)
Final Project for an Honors Contract in a Regular Course, submitted error-free to the Honors Coordinator, typed, graded with comments
Honors Center, Top Floor Tilden Arts Center: M-F, 8:00am–4:00pm and by appointment. The Honors Center is a place for Honors scholars to study and to interact with other Honors students.
The Honors Club which is open to all students meets on Fridays at 1:00pm on the top floor of the Tilden Arts Center at the round table.
Seventh Annual CCCC Honors Program Reception, April 23, 2014
Sixth Annual CCCC Honors Program Reception, April 24, 2013
Fifth Annual CCCC Honors Program Reception, April 25, 2012
Fourth Annual CCCC Honors Program Reception, April 20, 2011
Third Annual CCCC Honors Program Reception, April 14, 2010
First Annual CCCC Honors Program Reception, April 28, 2008
Honors Presentations at the 15th Annual Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference, May 1, 2009
CCCC Honors Presentations at the 14th Annual Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference, May 2008